Server & Network Administrator
The position of Server & Network Administrator is a key functional role within Security & Technology Alliance Group.
The incumbent is responsible for implementing solutions, supporting existing technologies, assisting in the planning process and providing internal customers with consistent, reliable and professional technical support and troubleshooting.
He/she will work in a team environment with IT personnel and will work in conjunction with external support and service organizations in the design, implementation, administration and support of networks, servers, workstations, other hardware and software as required.
This position executes and supports networked desktop and server related rollouts and configuration, as well as maintains and improves the existing networked desktop and server environment for development and production operations. A combination of Microsoft desktop and network administration, network support self project management, security concepts, and zero downtime methodology is required for this role.
- Plan & execute changes & installations and provide support of networked computers and equipment including desktops, laptops, servers.
- Microsoft (MS) Windows administration duties, including operating system (OS) installation & upgrades, patch maintenance, file systems maintenance, hardware agnostic Windows image development and maintenance.
- Support networked desktop security technologies such as intrusion detection and virus detection software.
- Administration, support and implementation of server hardware and software technologies including: Blade servers; RAID; SCSI technologies; Server virtualization; tape backup/disaster recovery systems; external data storage arrays; fault tolerance; networking and communications; and performance optimization.; network-level antivirus ;backup library software; intrusion detection technologies, etc.
- Complete installation, configuration and support of the PC platform, including support for PC hardware, operating system software (MS Windows XP and higher), MS Office Suites, systems, peripherals and related software & hardware.
- Develop and maintain desktop documentation and procedures
The incumbent is expected to continuously upgrade their technical skills and to be aware of and understand advancing technologies in the industry through training, seminars, industry publications etc.
- Demonstrated capability for problem determination, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Ability to identify deficiencies within current processes or configurations, recommend changes and implement appropriate corrective procedures.
- Must be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, effectively prioritize customer issues and needs while remaining detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting and adapting to changing priorities.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and efficiently at all levels of staff and senior management, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work in a strong team environment but also work independently and complete work within specified deadlines including working with the application development team, helping to identify needs and assisting in the testing, implementation and support of application systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience of server, network, workstation and printer configuration, connectivity issues, system performance & profiles.
- A thorough understanding of Active Directory, deployment and management is critical, in a single domain. Ability to configure, troubleshoot and support Windows Server and Desktop components (i.e. IIS, DHCP, DNS, WINS, NTFS, 2003 Domains, Terminal Server with Thin client).
- Direct prior experience implementing and supporting networked computers, deploying and supporting server platform hardware and software, VMware deployments PC hardware and software specifically in Windows 2003, XP, Windows 7 environments.
- Experience in the selection, configuration, and deployment of desktop computer and peripheral equipment. General Computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications.
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer Certification (MCSE).
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
Web CMS Technician/Content Manager
The successful candidate will have an in depth working knowledge of the web content management system Joomla. They will be a strong team player who also works well alone. If you feel you posess the skills below and would make a great addition to our team please get in touch with us.
- Familiarity with Joomla Content Management System.
- Ability to Insert, format and upload content into either content management system.
- Ability to create widgets and install/use Plugins, Modules, and Components (Must know the difference between each).
- Ability to setup and manage users, menu items and optional navigation items in both CMS.
- Basic Photoshop Skills for creating sized images optimized for web.
- FTP Experience.
- Understanding and ability to add Alt Text to Images and Links.
- Ability to setup WordPress or Joomla from Scratch or from Quickstart Packages.
- Ability to manage and migrate content from and into a MySQL Database.
- Understanding of the history of Joomla and WordPress CMS system.
- Working knowledge of Drupal.
- Understanding of Configuration and Customizing WordPress and Joomla Installations and Designs.
- Working Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 or alternately HTML and CSS.
- Use of Live Code Editors and DEV Tools.
This position is open immediately and the qualified candidate will be available between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Salary is to be discussed.
Solutions Architect, Cloud Services
Security & Technology Alliance Group is leading the way in technology solutions that are designed exclusively for business, specifically access, colocation, cloud-based services. We are seeking an experienced Solutions Architect, Cloud to join the Sales Solutions team. This position will be responsible for providing technical and pre-sales support to Account Executives and Business Development Representatives with regards to the sale of Security & Technology Alliance Group’s Cloud products.
- Provide direct support with regards to the preparation of solution designs for customers and prospects. This includes:
- Providing technical product advice and sales support on cloud solutions.
- Documenting solution specifications for proposals.
- Developing and delivering product demonstrations and presentations.
- Answering technical questions from sales people and/or customer prospects.
- Partner with Security & Technology Alliance Group’s service delivery team to provide post-sales implementation support, ensuring cloud customers are effectively on-boarded.
- Provide technical support and design for Request for Proposal/Request for Information (RFP/RFI) responses.
- Support existing customers by providing Security & Technology Alliance Group’s support teams with technical expertise as required.
- Provide input to the Director Team on new market opportunities and customer demand.
- Assist with new product positioning and “Product Launch” material as required.
- Participate in relevant industry organizations; attend relevant events or trade shows.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge and expertise in leading edge cloud technology and related best practices through regular study and training.
- Stay up-to-date with knowledge of our competitors, their current and planned services or solutions, and relative technical strengths and weaknesses.
- Have passion for educating, training, designing, and building Cloud solutions;
- Maintain and execute an ongoing Skills Development Plan;
- Bring forward requests to participate in development opportunities, when appropriate.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Combination of industry standard certifications such as CCSP, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE.
- Advanced knowledge of data center and cloud services.
- A minimum of three years' related work experience, supporting cloud technology sales.
- Knowledge of remote applications and virtual environments such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Understanding of solution selling and creating value for business customers.
- Ability to communicate and present confidently to any level of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in creating technical documentation in MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptual thinker that is highly analytical and able to handle large, complex models.
- Strong sense of urgency and a burning desire to succeed.
This position is open immediately and the qualified candidate will be available between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.